KATY MAGAZINE NEWS
December 16, 2022
Katy Magazine Editors
'Tis the season for holiday fun in Katy, Texas. With students out of school and family coming to visit, Katy families don't have to look far for fun. From season finds to Katy favorites we have you covered!
Photo credit: LaCenterra
It's Winter Break and Katy is full of fun! Plan some family fun in Katy. No need to travel far to experience the spirit of the season. Some places are free but always check websites for pricing updates, events details, etc.
Click on places to visit websites
1. Free Holiday Entertainment
Katy families can find live music, movies, fitness and so much year-round at Central Green Park. The popular family destination is full of holiday cheer. Tonight, December 16, 2022 is their A Very, Merry Christmas Spectacular. There will be live music and activities for the whole family. The fun starts at 4:30 p.m. Look for movies and other events between now and the end of the year.
Follow their Facebook page for information on upcoming events.
2. Shop and Stroll Around a Christmas Tree
Still need to shop? Stroll among the shops at Katy’s LaCenterra. Take pictures by their picturesque Christmas tree.
3. Tour Katy Area Holiday Lights
4. Typhoon Texas- The Light Park
While known for their water slides, Typhoon Texas becomes a drive thru holiday light spectacular this time of year!
Brand new (opened December 16, 2022) to Katy is Tiger Wood's Popstroke. Enjoy a game at the 18-hole putting course, eat from the grill and bar, and enjoy all the fun.
6. MKT Railroad Museum FREE
Visit the most iconic landmark in Katy! The MKT railroad museum is an historic landmark with life-sized exhibits. Make sure to take your photo with the famous red caboose car. Still looking for a spot to take holiday pictures? This is one of the most popular picture spots in Katy!
7. Mary Jo Peckham Park FREE
Retreat to Mary Jo Peckham Park to connect with nature. The property surrounds a beautiful, stocked fishing pond with walking trails. Plus kids love the expansive playground with free putt putt golf. They also have various fitness classes with first priority given to City of Katy and Harris County residents.
Spend a fun afternoon with good beers and friends at No Label Brewing Co. Kids can play in the playground and pets are welcome too! The rustic Katy brewery produces handcrafted ales and lagers. They also host community events so check their calendar for what’s up next.
At Inflatable Katy, you can book and indoor party with their inflatable attractions. Outside party packages can be customized to include mini golf, batting cages and Go Karts. Plus, they have a ferris wheel! Visit their website to find the best option and see the add-ons to make the day extra special.
Book a bay at TopGolf to work on your swing through fun and innovative games and challenges. Check out their awesome menu too!
11. Historic Katy Shops & Antiques FREE
Downtown Katy is home to several eclectic antique shops! You can spend hours browsing their impressive and unique collections. Visit KT Antiques where they welcome shoppers with their nostalgic soda fountain and free cookies then head to Limited Edition Arts and Antiques known for their art-deco prints and extensive movie memorabilia.Historians will love Southern Historical Antique Shop for its unique variety of Historical items both Military and Civilian.
This exciting new venue in Katy promotes themselves as a "Restaurant by day...show-stopping live entertainment at night." Check their website for fun events like comedy shows, live music, Bingo, karaoke and more.
13. Katy Heritage Park FREE
Take a photo in front of the "You'll Love Katy" mural! While your there, explore the history of Katy's heritage at the Wright House, Stockdick House, and visit the Tradition Bank Bandstand.
14. Katy Mills
Enjoy last minute shopping at the recently-refurbished Katy Mills Mall. The 165+ stores feature many high-fashion outlets like Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Nike and more. The mall welcomes families to enjoy the contemporary dining pavilion, Disney Jr. Play Zone and AMC Movie Theatres.
Yes, it's a gas station, but a quick trip to the Buc-ee's in Katy proves that everything IS bigger in Texas. Even the car wash is BIG and the Guinness Book of World Records declared it to be the longest in the world! Grab some signature Buc-ee's gear, Beaver Nuggets, and an extra-large drink. It's tradition.
16. Willow Fork Park FREE
The 32-acre park is located at the northwest corner of SH 99/Grand Parkway and Cinco Ranch Blvd., north of Cinco Ranch High School. Take a leisurely walk through Willow Fork Park to watch for butterflies visiting their special garden. The park is also equipped with boardwalks, a pedestrian bridge, playground, disc golf, bio swales, a pavilion facility with restrooms, picnic tables and grills.
17. MKT Distillery
Get your fill of Katy history and some fine whiskey at the Silos in Downtown Katy. MKT Distillery offers whiskey and moonshine distilled in-house as well as a selection of nonalcoholic drinks. Children and your furry friends can tag along too! Don't miss their Christmas tree, a Katy holiday landmark.
18. Bicycle Riding in George Bush Park FREE
Take a nice family bike ride on the trails through George Bush Park.
A Katy institution of fun since 1988, kids are still drawn to the fun of a classic roller rink. With great deals like All-You-Can-Eat-Pizza Night on Saturdays, Cheap Skate Wednesdays, birthday party packages, and more!
Embrace the next level of indoor entertainment excitement inspired by the racing legend himself. Test your skills in winding kart tracks, state-of-the-art arcades, virtual reality, laser tag, putt mini golf, and more. The perfect setting for the kid of any age young and young at heart.
Challenge yourself to learn a new skill at one of the largest indoor climbing facilities in the Unites States. Momentum Indoor Climbing features rope climbing, bouldering, kids' climbing, cross training, yoga, and workspaces for professional use.
22. Exploration Park
Explore a sensory garden rooted in children's play and dedicated to environmental education with a musical bridge, fun swing varieties, large play area, picnic tables, and a water cycle wall.
23. The John Paul Landing Environmental Education Center Located at 9950 Katy Hockley Road, near where Katy ISD is building their next junior high and high school, Katy families can learn about nature. Fish, play, and walk the 865 acres that showcases the best of Katy nature. Learn more about activities and events at their website.
24. Main Event Bring the family to Main Event for fun and games under one roof! Test your skills on the gravity ropes, at the arcade games, bowling, and laser tag or at the billiard tables. Main Event also offers a full menu and bar
25. Alternate Reality Escape Room Can you and your friends escape a Nuclear Fall-Out or Zombie Apocalypse in less than 60 minutes? Test your survival skills in one of the themed escape rooms at Alternate Reality. Not recommended for young children.
26. Katy Play Station FREE This railroad-inspired play area was created to serve children with special needs. The Katy Play Station features easy-access ramps, and activities for hearing- and vision-impaired children.
27. Altitude Trampoline Park Katy kids love to bounce on the wall-to-wall trampolines and dive into the giant foam pit. Altitude Trampoline Park also features a kid's basketball court, a climbing wall, and fitness classes for adults.
28. iFly Houston
Feel the adrenaline rush of skydiving, without the altitude. Certified instructors are close by to guide you to an unforgettable aerial experience.
29. Pinot's Palette Pinot's Palette hosts fun painting parties for families, groups, ladies’ night out, kids parties, birthday and events. Bring your own drink and appetizers - everything else is provided!
30. Wildcatter Saloon (21+)
Check out what’s happening on the 4-acres of Wildcatter Saloon and Pavilion, Katy’s premiere concert venue for indoor and outdoor performances, festivals, contests, and more.
31. Katy Prairie Conservancy FREE
Trek through Katy's well-preserved prairie lands and learn about wildlife and conservation.
32. The Showboat Drive-In The short drive from Katy to Hockley is worth it to travel back in time. Enjoy current, blockbuster movies in old-fashioned, drive-in style. Bring a blanket and chairs to enjoy the mild Texas weather.
33. Tilt Studio
Inside Katy Mills Mall, you’ll find the Tilt Studio. Take the whole family to play mini golf, laser tag, arcade games and even ride the Tilt-a-Whirl.
34. World of Beer (21+)
A night out with the friends can happen any night at World of Beer. Enjoy exclusive tap offerings, great menu, plenty of big screens to watch the games, or team up for themed trivia events and live music.
35. The Rustic Brush Explore your decorating spirit with a DIY wood sign workshop. Plan a Girls' Night Out and create your next masterpiece.