KATY MAGAZINE NEWS July 10, 2018
Beginning in August, the Katy Police Department will offer a 10-week training course for residents.
Citizens inside City of Katy limits are invited to take a 10-week course to gain an understanding of the policies and procedures of the Katy Police Department. The classes start on August 16 and will meet every Thursday from 6 to 9 p.m. with a graduation ceremony on October 18, 2018.
- Students must live within City of Katy limits
- Students must be willing to submit to a criminal background investigation
- No firearms permitted in the classroom or secured areas of the police department
- Tobacco products will not be permitted in the classroom
- Collared shirts, slacks or dress pants, and proper footwear
- Jeans are permitted as long as there are no holes or tears
- NO sandals, flip flops, shorts, mini-skirts, T-shirts, tank tops, sleeveless shirts, or any clothing low-cut or that would expose undergarments, or clothing with drug or alcohol-related logos or derogatory pictures or wording.