From sizzling, thick strips that play center plate to the special crunch that brings that something truly special; it’s obvious- bacon can take an already great dish and transform it into something extraordinary. Pictured above. Bernie's Burger bus Detention Burger.
KATY MAGAZINE | July 2018
By Natalie Cook Clark & Ashley Lancaster
Join KATY MAGAZINE’S FOODIES GROUP here
Katy restaurants are full of unforgettable bacon experiences. Listed are some bacon dishes for Katy bacon lovers to begin their culinary journey. Happy dining!
1. The Detention Burger Bernie's Burger Bus LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd.
The detention burger is crowded with rule-breakers! Two thick, juicy bacon trips are positively smashed between, not hamburger buns, but two grilled cheese sandwiches. Cheddar patties, housemade mayo, ketchup, "tipsy" onion straws, and garlic tomatoes, and of course, two crispy pieces of bacon.
2. BLT The Social Pub and Grill 1721 Spring Green Blvd.
An American classic! Diners love the rich, crispy Applewood smoked bacon, fresh lettuce, and ripe tomatoes on buttery white toast.
3. Bacon Wrapped Scallops Peli Peli 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd. Take your time savoring each delectable bite, because these popular appetizers go quickly! Thin-sliced bacon embraces succulent, pan-seared scallops and comes drizzled with Peli Peli sauce, created from the slightly spicy and surprising spices of South Africa.
4. Bacon Jam Burger Black Walnut Café 23233 Cinco Ranch Blvd. If bacon is your jam... try bacon with jam. Black Walnut's unique production of the bacon burger is characterized by the piquant jalapeno bacon jam that garnishes one-half pound ground brisket and chuck patty, cheddar, lettuce, tomato and crispy onion strings, all resting on a brioche bun.
5. Million Dollar Bacon First Watch 20220 Katy Fwy. Readers all want to be first in line at First Watch cafe near IH 10 and Fry Rd. If crackling bacon makes your mouth water, try the Million Dollar Bacon plate - Four slices of our signature hardwood smoked bacon with brown sugar, black pepper, cayenne and a maple syrup drizzle.
6. Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Shrimp Abuelos 24600 Katy Fwy.
Luscious shrimp grilled over an open flame to perfection, filled with a creamy jalapeno and cheese blend, and finished with bacon slices.
Delicious smash patties and a homemade egg bun serve as the base for this Katy favorite. Juicy bacon tops a hot, cooked-to-order patty, barbecue sauce, sharp cheddar and haystack onions.
8. Bacon Eclair Hurts Donut 9555 Spring Green Blvd.
The ultimate morning indulgence! The appetizing bacon bits piled on top of a decadently sweet eclair pairs perfectly with a hot cup of coffee.
9. Bacon Cheddar Chive Biscuit Great Harvest Bread Co. 1623 S. Fry Rd.
The perfect platform for your breakfast sandwich, or a tasty treat that is good enough to stand on its own. Made fresh daily, order breakfast or pick up a bag of biscuits to take home.
10. Chicken Cordon Bleu Empanada The Original Marini's Empanada House 3522 S. Mason Rd.
Flaky, buttery pillows of hand-rolled dough are lightly fried and filled with all kinds of delicious dessert, meat, and cheese variations. Our favorite is the Chicken Cordon Bleu: shredded chicken, cream sauce, and Swiss cheese with slivers of perfect prosciutto.