Here's our list of the top 20 favorite stores to shop from furniture to hunting equipment and everything in between in Katy.
KATY MAGAZINE | December 2017
By Ashley Lancaster
1. LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd. Upscale retail, the hottest home decor trends, and a gift-card lover's dream. Purchase your holiday sweet treat from Nothing Bundt Cakes, find a unique and personal gift at Beau Kisses, or treat someone to a well-deserved date night dinner with a gift card to Peli Peli. They also have White House Black Market, Francesca's, The Loft, Talbot's, and a Round Top Collection Gallery that has adorable decor. Bring the kids to see Santa while you're there!
5000 Katy Mills Cir., Katy
A mega mall with too many regular and outlet stores to list, you'll want to brave the crowds and visit at least once this season. Some of the stores include GAP, Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, Banana Republic, Bass Pro, to name a few. You can also grab a bite to eat in the food court or at many of the restaurants in the Katy Mills vicinity.
2450 N. Fry Rd. Houston, TX Shop at this iconic Katy bookstore that is a beloved mainstay for readers everywhere. So much more than books, Katy Budget has gifts, gadgets, and even used books for a small fraction of the cost. They host many author signings as well as fun special events for kids and families all year long.
This superstore carries everything you could ever possibly want or need to make your house a home, plus it's a great place to pick out a picture frame to give away, or grab some seasonal decor.
5. Bass Pro Shops 5000 Katy Mills Cir. If you've got an outdoorsmen in the family, you really can't go wrong with anything from Bass Pro Shops. They carry all the major brands for hunting and fishing and outdoor adventures, unique and fun kids gifts, and even home goods and decor.
Conveniently located right off IH-10 and Grand Pkwy S., stop in and shop a color-coded fashion dreamland with the latest trends in clothing, jewelry, handbags, and shoes at super affordable prices.
7. Brookwood Community 1752 Farm to Market 1489, Brookshire
Shop this holiday and feel good about giving back to an excellent organization close to Katy. Brookwood is an award-winning residents for adults with disabilities and they run a highly successful (and super fun) store with home decor, home made items, kitchen items, kids items, and more. They also have a wonderful restaurant to help give their citizens meaning and purpose. Brookwood also sells beautiful poinsettias that they are known for.
8. Toys "R" Us 25024 Katy Mills Dr. Of course no Katy parent's shopping to-do list would be complete without the kids' toys and games superstore. Find everything on their wishlist in one stop and stock up on Christmas supplies like gift wrapping paper, find baby clothes, and more.
9. Kirkland's 24600 Katy Fwy.
23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd.
If you're entertaining this season, Kirkland's carries lots of unique items that will make your home stand out in friends and family members memories. Pick up some copper Moscow Mule mugs, update the living room with a new rug, or hang a gorgeous new holiday wreath in welcome on the front door.
10. Sephora 23501 Cinco Ranch Blvd. For the beauty and cosmetics lover in your life, a gift from Sephora is a guaranteed win. They have super-friendly and knowledgeable staff on standby if you have questions about the latest products, and you can also pop in for a mini-makeover if you're on your way to a Christmas party.
11. Burlington 5000 Katy Mills Cir.
Not just for Winter apparel anymore, Burlington carries everything from home goods, baby items, children and adult apparel, and even furniture, accessories, toys, and luggage. The prices can't be beat and your money goes very far here. With their recent remodel, the lines are close to the street exit and go much faster than ever before.
12. Best Buy 20290 Katy Fwy.
5340 W. Grand Pkwy. S., Richmond
For anyone requesting the latest and greatest in gaming, entertainment, or technology, Best Buy is your best bet. They offer great deals on home theater, computers, drones and toys, appliances, and anything else tech you can think of.
13. Bed, Bath & Beyond 24600 Katy Fwy.
The name really says it all - they carry pretty much any home essential item, nifty kitchen gadget, or quick gift you can think of. Plus, they offer personalized gifts for the special ones in your life when you visit their website.
14. buybuy Baby 24600 Katy Fwy.
A relatively new superstore for all things pregnancy and baby for Katy parents. If you have a family member expecting or with a newborn little one, you should try it out. They carry furniture, clothing, educational toys, baby supplies, and items for kids up to 5 years old.
15. HomeGoods 23518 Westheimer Pkwy.
Home accents galore and seasonal items you won't find in other stores.
16. Kohl's 1200 Fry Rd. 5550 W. Grand Pkwy S. Shop designer brands like Juicy Couture and pick up matching clothing sets for those family portraits, gift baskets, men's apparel, sportswear, jewerly, and more.
24539 Katy Fwy.
A dream come true for anyone who loves country rustic home decor.They carry gorgeous, quality made bedroom furniture, wet bars, home entertainment furniture, and accessories like cow hides, barstools and ranch and Texas-inspired artwork to accent your walls.
18. Trader Joe's 2717 Commercial Center Blvd.
A great place to stop in and pick-up items for the foodie in your life, because they carry all kinds of specialty foods and items that you won't find in a typical supermarket, and that would make the perfect addition to any home chef's pantry.
5614 2nd St.
Nestled in the heart of historic Katy, your sure to find something beautiful and different to wrap and place under the tree. Browse antique and vintage furniture, collectible items, jewelry, decor, and clothing.
5450 W. Grand Pkwy.S., Richmond, TX 445 S. Fry Rd. Stocking-stuffer heaven! Everything is under $5, and you can find clothing, sporting equipment, games, puzzles, books, candy, and just about anything else you can think of for a great price.