Beautiful weather and the upcoming holiday season mean its the perfect time to make memories with your loved ones. Here's our list of the Top 50 things to do on a fall day in Katy, Texas.
KATY MAGAZINE | November 2017 By Ashley Lancaster
1. YMCA Turkey Dash 5k & 10K A favorite Thanksgiving Day activity for years, the Turkey Dash is a great way to burn off some pre-feast calories and make a few memories in the process. Dress up in a cute costume or come in your athletic gear.
2. Tree Lighting Ceremony at LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch Bring the whole family out on November 18, from 4-6 PM and celebrate the beautiful tree lighting ceremony in the courtyard. There will also be a special visit from Santa.
A community that provides educational opportunities for adults with disabilities. Tour the gift shop and beautiful grounds, and stop for a bite of lunch at the cafe.
Push your mind and your body to new limits at this indoor rock climbing gym built for all skill levels. They have a special climbing area for little ones too.
Fall is incredible riding weather, and Bike Barn in Katy hosts a free, fun ride every Saturday at 7:30 a.m. for anybody who wants to participate. Typically 20 - 30 miles.
With our Balanced Learning® approach, we help empower children to reach their full potential by nurturing curiosity, confidence, creativity and compassion. Come see why Katy families prefer Primrose. CLICK
A DIY-lover's dream. All the fun of creating a beautiful piece of art for your home without the mess & hassle of having to buy supplies and do the clean up. Plus, they have lots of fun events for a night out with friends.
Shop around for seasonal decorations with a friend at the new and improved home goods superstore.
FREE ADMISSION to visit, choose and cut your Christmas Tree from the farm, shop and eat on Saturdays and Sundays during the holiday months.
Help a family in need during the holidays by donating to Clothed by Faith in Katy, either with a bag of clean, gently-used clothes, or through a financial gift.
Due to Harvey, the market will not be held at the Merrell Center this year. Instead, the popular holiday, craft, and home decor extravaganza will be held in event tents and possible the pavilion across from the Merrell Center.
Snuggle up under a blanket on the couch, grab a cup of hot cocoa, and watch your favorite holiday movies on the Freeform channel, starting in with It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, starting November 18.
Check out the fun, themed events like Family Night and Preschool Playhouse at the Mason Road, Cinco Ranch, and Katy Green locations, where families can relax and spend time together over a meal with arts and crafts, visits from Sweet Honey the Clown, and the Chick-fil-A cow.
Stop in for a creamy, frozen treat that always delights kiddos. They make their ice cream right in front of you using liquid nitrogen, which creates a chilly, sweet-smelling cloud. Cool!
It may take a bit of explaining for out-of-staters to understand the appeal behind a glorified gas station with a beaver as the mascot, but once you visit the fudge counter, grab some Buccee's merchandise, and fuel up before heading to see your family, you'll know why this is an absolute must any time you leave Katy.
15. Farmers Market on Grand Parkway Support your community and purchase farm-fresh produce for your table at the Church of the Holy Apostles on Grand Parkway. They have free-range eggs, grass fed meats, local honey, artisan breads, fresh salsa, handmade soaps and spa products, and more.
What's more fun than hitting up the hottest new restaurant in Katy? They've got a lunch and dinner menu that's out of this world, but you must stop in on a Saturday or Sunday and order the Kitka French Toast, Schnitzel and Deep Fried Waffles, or Blackened Salmon Benedict. You will be hooked!
17. Family Campout Pitch a tent in the backyard, grill hotdogs, make S'mores, and tell campfire stories without leaving Katy! The kids will love it, and you can always run inside for an extra blanket if you need to. The City of Katy hosts occasional family campouts too where you can join the fun!
18. Altitude Trampoline Park Let the kids bounce out all their energy on their indoor, wall-to-wall trampoline courses, jump in the foam pit, and climb the rock wall.
This family-owned craft beer is one of the most popular places to relax in Katy - and one you have to try. They are kid and pet-friendly, and host tours, private events, and fun days like Yoga & Hops, painting classes, steak nights, live music, festivals, and so much more.
20. Cane Island's Fall Fest Celebrate the season with food trucks, tasty fall beers, bounce houses, face painting, and vendor booths. Don't forget to take a tour of the Amenity Village and models while you're there, and stop by the Welcome Center to meet Hub, Cane Island's friendly Pet Ambassador.
21. Mason Road Skate Center Mason Road Skate Center opened in 1987 and has been dropping the disco ball for Katy skaters ever since. Stop in for fun, themed skate nights, private lessons, or schedule your next birthday party. Wednesday nights are Cheapskate Night (get it?), only $4.
22. Movie Nights at Central Green Grab some dinner at a nearby restaurant before setting up your lawn chairs and blankets on the astroturf for a family-friendly film presented by Willowfork Drainage District. Move starts at dusk.
23. Photos at the "You'll Love Katy" Mural No matter what corner of Katy you live in, drive out to Ave. D and George Bush Dr. and take the obligatory family photo in front of the colorful mural. While your there, take a tour of the historic homes and learn about Katy's history for free.
25. BINGO Night at Katy Elks Lodge Wholesome, old fashioned fun every Tuesday starting at 7 p.m. They have food and drinks available for purchase and cash prizes for winners.
26. Grab Drinks The Local Bar The perfect place to meet up with friends and catch up on life in a relaxed, yet refreshingly hip setting. Split a delicious wood stone pizza or one of their other yummy appetizers while the bartender whips up your favorite libation.
27. Katy Market Days Shop gifts, clothing, home decor, seasonal items, and lots more every third Saturday of the month in the heart of historic Katy's avenues.
All the fun you could plan in a day, in one convenient location!
29. Picnic at Willow Fork Park Load up your bikes, scooters, a picnic basket and a soccer ball, and get some fresh air at Katy's newest park. Thirty two acres of jogging trails, gorgeous ponds, and play areas right off of the Grand Parkway near Cinco Ranch.
30. Volunteer or Donate at Katy Christian Ministries The holidays are approaching, and in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, many families will have a hard time making Christmas happen. Donate a gift, or volunteer your time by visiting their website and finding their Wish List and information on ways you can contribute to Katy families in need.
32. Catch & Release Fishing at Mary Jo Peckham Park Stock up on bait and tackle and spend a beautiful morning fishing for trout, catfish, bass, and bluegill at this clean, well-kept park in historic Katy.
33. Cinco Ranch Library Check out a great new read and cozy up on the couch under a blanket with a mug of hot chocolate - the epitome of a perfect fall day.
Experience the natural beauty of Katy's wildlife on the prairie with hands-on, educational events and learn about how KPC is protecting greenspace in this area for recreational use, wildlife conservation, scientific research, and more.
35. Spend the Day at the Spa at Cinco Ranch Treat yourself to a day of relaxation and pampering with facial and cosmetic services, elite hair stylists, and massage and body treatments.
37. Watch The Nutcracker Ballet at Connolly Dance Arts Support little ballerinas and enjoy a beloved Christmas classic with your family on December 3, 3017. Tickets are $12. Connolly also offers a free trial class for those looking for a dance studio.
38. Meet Santa at LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch Jolly ol' Saint Nick will take photos and greet Katy kiddos in the courtyard in LaCenterra on Saturdays & Sundays beginning November 25 from 1 to 5 p.m. Don't forget their Treelighting Ceremony in early December!
Sizzling fajitas, great atmosphere, and off-the-charts margaritas are just a few reasons to add this Tex-Mex delight to your restaurant rotation.
40. Horseback Riding Lessons at Freeman Ranch & Stables, LLC If you're looking for a new hobby for yourself or your kids, horseback riding lessons might be the perfect fit. Learning to work with and care for an equestrian friend is a great stress reliever, builds confidence, responsibility, and is good for your health, too.
42. CAP4Kids at Citizens for Animal Protection This non-profit organization that shelters, rescues, and places homeless animals also hosts fun, educational events throughout the year that little animal lovers can enjoy. Kids can learn empathy, service, citizenship, and love on animals who need it.
43. Cupcakes from Ooh La La Dessert Boutique Drive-thru cupcakes? Dream come true. Go for your favorite flavors like red velvet with cream cheese frosting or classic chocolate, or try something a little fun and funky like the S'more, Rocky Road, Salted Caramel Apple, or Wedding Cake.
44. Cane Island's Holiday Market On December 2, 2017, get a jump on Christmas shopping with more than 60 local vendors at Cane Island's Amenity Village. Plus live music, food trucks, and photos with Santa from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. everyday, this recreational amenity cleverly situated in the busy suburb of Katy has gorgeous walking and running trails, iconic and beautifully lit pedestrian bridge, and breathtaking wildlife and landscaping.
Grab your girlfriends and hunt for gorgeous, vintage finds at some truly charming spots in Katy's historic district, just steps away from city hall. Some popular places to hit are Junk Street Market, Vintage Back Roads, and KT Antiques.
47. Stock Up on Beauty Supplies at Sephora Holidays = lots of family photos, and we all want to look our best. Stock up on top-of-the-line beauty products at Sephora in LaCenterra.
48. Clay's Restaurant With classic American food, indoor and outdoor seating, and a petting zoo, it's the perfect spot for a family dinner out.
49. Crafting Classes at Hobby Lobby or Michael's Sign the kids up to make a seasonal craft that they can proudly display at home for years to come!
50. Random Acts of Kindness Bake cookies for a nursing home, pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru line, compliment a stranger, surprise your co-workers with breakfast. Giving kindness to others feeds your soul and makes you a happier person, and this is the perfect time to do something kind.